School of Visual Arts Fifth Annual Writing Program Contest
Do you write poetry, stories, scripts, or essays? The Humanities and Sciences Department invites all matriculated SVA undergraduate students to enter our fifth annual writing contest. We are looking for original creative or critical work in poetry, short story, personal essay/memoir, critical essay, and film script or play.
All first prize winners in each of the listed categories above will receive $600. Second prize winners will receive $300 and third prize winners will receive $100. All winners will be published in The Match Factory. All materials submitted will be considered for publication in WORDS.
Due date for submissions : April 1st, 2017
- Winners will be announced on April 15, 2017
- The contest is open to all matriculated undergraduate SVA students
- You may submit up to 3 works in the same or different categories.
- Each work must be submitted separately.
- a signed Writing and Artwork Release Form must be submitted to Edwin Rivera at email@example.com.
- Each submission must be limited to 2000 words or fewer. After initial submission, you may be contacted with a request for the work in full.
- We accept only your own original work(s). Plagiarized works will be forwarded to the Humanities and Sciences Department
- PLEASE INCLUDE: your name, catagory (poetry, short story, personal essay/memoir, critical essay and film script), student ID number, major, year of study (freshman, sophomore, junior or senior), email address, telephone number and the title of your work on the front page.
Writing Contest Submission Form